Lightwerkz Policy & AgreementBy accessing Lightwerkz, you hereby agree to be bound by terms and conditions and accept all disclaimers and limitations of liability expressed therein. Use of products sold through LightWerkz is at the consumer's own risk. Proper installation and proper use of all products must be followed for optimal safety and performance. LightWerkz does not accept responsibility for improper use, alterations, and installation of any products or services. All products sold and manufactured by LightWerkz are for off-road use only.
- Lightwerkz does not take any responsibility for determining the correct application, application specifics, possible required add-ons, and possible restrictions of the use of our products. LightWerkz is not responsible for 3rd party installation costs in case of warranty return/exchange. While we do not take any responsibility, we will gladly assist in every way possible to determine the correct products for your desired application.
Please be advised that any free shipping promotions used on the original order will be forfeited if the order is returned and the original shipping costs (paid or unpaid) will also be deducted from the refundable amount. We are not responsible for return postage unless the return is required due to our mistake, in which case we will send a pre-paid shipping label.
Due to the nature of our products, Lightwerkz does not accept returns on un-sealed HID bulbs or any items in our Closeouts section. We will also not accept any used or installed products back for returns or exchanges. Our standard restocking fee structure is outlined below. Please refer to our exchange and refund policies immediately below for important timelines.
Tier 1: Perfect condition. (Unopened & like-new) = 90% refund or 100% store credit.**Returned deposits for Projector Retrofits are subject to a $50 cancellation fee.**
Tier 2: Re-conditionable. (Packaging opened or damaged) = 80% refund or 90% store credit.
Tier 3: Inability to restock. (Product & packaging both damaged) = 70% refund or 80% store credit.
- All products are given a tracking number once the order has shipped. All orders are automatically insured through the carrier and included within the total shipping costs. If your package arrives in damaged or unsatisfactory condition, a claim will need to be processed through the shipping company. We take absolutely no responsibility of the package once it leaves our location; a package is only protected by the insured amount through the shipping carrier.
*Remember, you are responsible for the way the lights are protected during transit. We recommend using a separate box for each light and add cardboard for extra protection to the outsides of the box; if you do not double box. Please protect your investment and package it extremely well, if you do not know how to bring it to the local shipping store so they do not end up damaged in transit.
Products & Services Warranty Coverage
- All Lightwerkz installations include a 30 day warranty period assuming the products were purchased through us directly. Products are always covered under their own warranty period which is listed below or directly under the product listing page. Even though a product may be under warranty, the labor assciated with the replacement of the product will be considered billable labor hours.
Lightwerkz HID Ballasts, Bulbs, & Systems
- All Lightwerkz provided HID components are covered under a minimum 2 year worry free warranty.
Projector Retrofit Craftsmanship Warranty
- Each projector conversion we offer feature a Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty which covers any defects directly related to the services performed by Lightwerkz. The customer is required to pay for return shipping costs related to warranty repair work, we take care of the warranty related service as well as the return shipping costs. *Expedited shipping services are extra. Since there are inconsistencies and slight variances within all headlight components & mounting points, we cannot guarantee the projectors to be perfectly aligned during certain conversions; however the services required to correct the issue are fully covered under our Craftsmanship Warranty. We use a laser guided alignment system to help us perfect the alignment, so chances for any errors are extremely slim; but possible. We are stating this just as a warning, and not intended to worry anyone. We stand behind the work we do and will do what it takes to make all parties satisfied in the end.
- While we cannot guarantee that condensation will not occur, we take all the precautions possible to make sure it does not occur. The opening and resealing of any headlight by anyone other than Lightwerkz is not recommended and will void this condensation warranty. There is no condensation warranty on any headlight that has been previously opened prior to the Lightwerkz service. Many times we see headlights that have never been opened for any type of modifications, which have traces of condensation and/or debris. In some cases this can be a result of not using proper rear headlight caps or even a poor seal from the factory. If condensation occurs within 1 year of the original purchase date, we ask the customer to ship the lamps back to us so we can reseal them. Any related shipping costs will be charged to the customer. Every set of lights we open receive additional Morimoto RetroRubber butyl sealant to prevent condensation issues.
Angel Eye / Strip / Demon Eye Warranty
- Lightwerkz supplies only high quality and trusted LED powered angel eyes, strips, and demon eyes. However, due to the nature of the environment where these products are installed, they are only covered under the products warranty period. Any related labor to repair or replacement, will be charged directly to the customer.
- Lightwerkz painting services are under warranty in the event of any chipping, fading, or other paint related issues for 1 year. Due to the sealant environment of a headlight, haze on the inner lenses can form over time; which is not covered under any warranty. If any portion of the housing is directly in front of the projector, it is possible that the paint becomes greasy or even bubbles up; which also is not covered under warranty.
Aftermarket / Non-OEM Headlights Warranty
- Aftermarket headlights are excluded from any type of craftsmanship or condensation warranty. Should the lights need to be serviced, there may be an additional charge for labor due to poor quality and inconsistency issues. We determine the warranty claim on a per case basis.
Permanently Sealed Headlights - Assumption of Risk
- Some automotive headlights use a permanent sealant between the front clear lens and the back housing to create a permanent bond. This bond provides superior protection against water and debris from entering. However, when it comes to separating the lens from the back housing it creates certain risks that we would like you to be aware of.
The temperatures and the number of times that the headlight is baked is increased to loosen the permanent sealant. This usually requires several rounds in the oven to separate the lens from the back housing. Once separated, the back housing and front lens housing need to go individually to soften the remainder of the sealant. Once the original sealant is fully removed, it is then replaced with our high quality Morimoto RetroRubber buty sealant.
Due to the strength of the original bond, along with the increased times and temperatures the lights are heated at, some risks are present:
-Edges of the back housing and front clear lens cover may have additional pry marks
-Mounting tabs may tear
-Amber reflectors may become deformed
-Micro-fractures may occur in the front clear lens cover on low quality lenses due to increased temperatures
-Screws may be used to around the housing to hold the lens cover tight to the back housing of the headlight. *Usually necessary in order to keep water and debris from entering the headlight.
By providing Lightwerkz with permanently sealed headlight housings, you assume all risks stated above.
Important Shipping Information
- 1) Include all rubber boots that go around the bulb openings in the rear of the head lamps. These will be used to ensure a good seal around the plug, bulb, or socket. If you do not have these caps, you risk having debris and possibly condensation inside the lights if water gets inside.
2) Include all bulbs whenever possible to seal the lamps for return shipping.
3) Protect the outer lenses of the housings; never let them rub on the bottom of the box, Believe it or not cardboard will scratch them. Best bet is to wrap the lights in plastic wrap or put a garbage bag around them to keep dirt off them.
3) We highly recommend using bubble wrap going around each housing at least twice and still padding the box very, very well.
4) Pad the tabs if needed. The mounting tabs and corners are the things that will break if not padded, especially tabs protruding from corners.
Rules of thumb:
a) if the housings can move in the box then it could break
b) if a tab is touching the side of the box it can break off
c) if part of the light is touching the side of the box, the conversion can be damaged
5) Once placed into your box, bolster the area between the housings and the box walls with smaller boxes, folded boxes/triangles of cardboard, or broken up Styrofoam. This will prevent any box crushing from touching the lamps inside. Do not rely solely on packing peanuts to protect the housings, they will settle during shipment and leave the lamps vulnerable.
6) It is our experience that UPS ground is the most cost effective and safest shipping option for your head lamps. UPS ground is mostly handled by actual employees. UPS also places much more responsibility on packages insured for $1000 or more, a nominal cost for safety. In most cases we encourage you to place at least $1000 insurance on your housings when sending them to us. This ensures ample coverage should the worst ever happen.
7) Include a description as to the specific details of your retrofit in the spaces provided below. Please print this form out and include it with your shipment. Details sometimes get missed through email or phone correspondence, it is very important we get this right for you the first time.
*Remember, you are responsible for the way the lights are protected during transit. *Please email us for a printable copy of this agreement so we have it on file. All orders must have signed agreements filed in our office.